Aegis Business Services ABN 90 152 123 500 and its related bodies corporate (referred to in this document as we, us or our) recognise that your privacy is very important and we are committed to protecting the personal information we collect from you. The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) govern the way in which we must manage your personal information and this policy sets out how we collect, use, disclose and otherwise manage your personal information.
Types of information collected
We may collect and hold personal and business information about you, that is, information that can identify you, and is relevant to providing you with the products and services you are seeking. The kinds of information we typically collect include:
- your name, date of birth and gender;
- your tax file number
- your business details and dealings
- contact details (your address, email, phone and facsimile details);
- current and former employment details, including the name of your employer, your position with that employer, the duration of your employment and your management experience;
- your IP addresses and the dates and times of visits to our websites; and
- any other personal information which will enable us to process your BAS and bookkeeping work
- survey information and data from events you attend or subscribe to;
- website data from our website and websites you access whilst using our internet and wireless network services at our venues or events; or
- and other relevant information relevant to providing you with the products and services you are, or someone else you know is, seeking.
Method of collection
Personal and business information will generally be collected directly from you through any of the following ways:(a) websites,
including through online enquiry forms and cookies;
(b) via email;
(c) through a telephone conversation with you;
(d) proposals or any of our standard forms;
(e) the provision of customer service and support, including dealings you may have with an our Member Services Officer;
(f) requests for brochures, to join a mailing list or to be contacted for further information about our services;
(g) responses to surveys or research conducted by us or on our behalf;
(h) social media and other external websites;
(i) employment applications; and(k) through our payment gateway.
We may also collect personal information about you from third parties acting on your behalf.
There may, however, be some instances where personal information about you will be collected indirectly because it is unreasonable or impractical to collect personal information directly from you. We will usually notify you about these instances in advance, or where that is not possible, as soon as reasonably practicable after the information has been collected.
Purpose of collection
The personal information that we collect and hold about you, depends on your interaction with us. Generally, we collect, use and hold your personal information if it is reasonably necessary for or directly related to the performance of our functions and activities and for the purposes of:
- providing products and services to you or someone else you know;
- access ATO services
- responding to your enquiries;
- providing you with information about other products and services that we, our related entities and other organisations that we have affiliations with, offer that may be of interest to you;
- providing you with information relevant to your type of business or other area of expertise or interest;
- processing transactions including for the payment of services and our materials;
- improving and developing our products and services to you and other clients of ours;
- measuring consumer interest in our services;
- providing you with marketing and promotional material to inform you of our other products and services, journal publications and generally promote our memberships and events.
- any consulting services you may request;
- reporting to various government departments for the purposes of statistical analysis, records of qualifications/statements of attainment issued and to meet the requirements of training funding agreements.
- providing membership support services;
- accessing online systems; and
- facilitating our internal business operations, including the fulfillment of any legal requirements
Your payment may be processed through Stripe and/or IntregraPay Payment Gateways. These gateways secure all your customer and credit-card data with military-grade software and servers, and the highest level of encryption available. Aegis Business Services will not store or transfer any of your credit card information. All data is transferred using the gateways secure servers.
Failure to provide information
If the personal information you provide to us is incomplete or inaccurate, we may be unable to provide you, or someone else you know, with the products and services you, or they, are seeking.
If you access our website, we may collect additional personal information about you in the form of your IP address and domain name.
Our website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of linked websites and linked websites are not subject to our privacy policies and procedures.
Use and disclosure
Generally, we only use or disclose personal information about you for the purposes for which it was collected (as set out above). We may disclose personal information about you to:
- our related entities to facilitate our and their internal business processes;
- service providers, who assist us in operating our business and providing products and services to you (including information technology service providers or service providers who assist us in distributing our marketing material or maintaining our databases);
- organisations that we have partnered with, including certain consulting firms, educational institutions and public sector organisations and agencies;
- our related entities and other organisations with whom we have affiliations so that those organisations may provide you with information about products and services and various promotions.In some circumstances, the law may permit or require us to use or disclose personal information for other purposes (for instance where you would reasonably expect us to and the purpose is related to the purpose of collection).
- We are likely to disclose personal information about you overseas. We may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients in the USA, UK, NZ, & Asia Pacific for support and assistance as we use cloud based internet applications that are hosted outside of Australia for our operational business platform.
We store your personal information in different ways, including in paper and in electronic form. The security of your personal information is important to us. We take all reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is stored safely to protect it from interference, misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including electronic and physical security measures.
Access and correction
You may access the personal information we hold about you, upon making a written request. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period. We may charge you a reasonable fee for processing your request (but not for making the request for access).
We may decline a request for access to personal information in circumstances prescribed by the Privacy Act, and if we do, we will give you a written notice that sets out the reasons for the refusal (unless it would be unreasonable to provide those reasons).
If, upon receiving access to your personal information or at any other time, you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please notify us immediately. We will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
If we refuse to correct your personal information, we will give you a written notice that sets out our reasons for our refusal (unless it would be unreasonable to provide those reasons), including details of the mechanisms available to you to make a complaint.
Complaints and feedback
If you wish to make a complaint about a breach of the Privacy Act, the APPs or a privacy code that applies to us, please contact us using the details below and we will take reasonable steps to investigate the complaint and respond to you.
If after this process you are not satisfied with our response, you can submit a complaint to the Office of the Information Commissioner. To lodge a complaint, visit the ‘Complaints’ section of the Information Commissioner’s website, located at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints, to obtain the relevant complaint forms, or contact the Information Commissioner’s office.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about privacy in general, you can visit the Office of the Information Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.