Tax Myths # 1
Everyone is a tax expert, or so they think. In this audio clip, Tori dispels 5 tax time myths. Have a listen to hear about:
- What’s the standard amount I can claim on my tax return?
- My mate / the car salesman said I can claim it.
- I put all of my personal expenses through my business and claim them. My Netflix, Foxtel, personal car expenses and rent are claimed on my tax return.
- I earn under $18,000 in my side hustle, so it’s a hobby and doesn’t have to be declared.
- I didn’t make any money from my cryptocurrency trading so I don’t need to report it to the ATO.
To listen click here