COVID-19 - Latest Update 17 April 2020 - JobKeeper Application Process
Aegis Business Services is here to support you!
The JobKeeper Application Process
The ATO are furiously working behind the scenes to get everything in place that will allow the applying and receiving the support through the JobKeeper payment scheme to be as easy as possible. There are still a few minor details that we are waiting on clarification on however at this stage we would like to share with the you process as outlined by the ATO and how we at Aegis Business Services can assist you. At this stage we can not confirm the fee for enrolling your business with the ATO and setting up the required systems, but we want to be “part of your solution, not part of your problem”.
Providing your business meets the Business Eligibility Test as run through in previous newsletters the process now is as follows:
1. Register interest online at https://www.ato.gov.au/Job-keeper-payment/ - this gives you access to all updates that are released and does not commit you to applying for the JobKeeper payments.
2. Work out all Eligible Employees in your workforce – please note you need to pay all eligible employees – you are unable to pick and choose between them. Have each employee complete the JobKeeper Employee Nomination Notice - https://www.ato.gov.au/assets/0/104/300/387/d1aab7f2-fbe8-44b8-9ec1-4885ded1088e.pdf
3. Enrol through the ATO Portal from Monday 20 April 2020. At this stage we are unsure how much detail is required for this enrolment. We have set up a team to work through this either for you or with you, at this stage our fee for this service is still to be confirmed.
4. Alternatively as the business owner you can work through this yourself with your MyGovId access to the ATO Portal. If you don’t have this access set up we understand there is also a manual process.
5. Ensure that all eligible employees have been paid the minimum $1,500 pre-tax per fortnight – starting fortnight ended 12 April & fortnight ended 26 April if you wish to claim from the beginning of the JobKeeper Payment scheme.
6. Apply through the ATO Portal for the first payment claim between 4 May 2020 and 31 May 2020. Our dedicated team can do this for you, again our fee is still to be confirmed, possibly based on the number of employees.
Please contact us if you need any clarification on the above or you would like us to answer any questions regarding your individual circumstances. At Aegis Business Services we are dedicated to assisting you & your business in this time and look forward to speaking with you.