COVID-19 - Latest JobKeeper Alternative Test Options
Aegis Business Services is here to support you!
Alternative Test Options Released
An entity may be covered by the Alternative Test if they fall into one of the below categories. They will then apply for the alternative test associated with the category they fit into.
- The entity did not exist in that relevant comparison period i.e. after 1 March or 1 April 2019.
- The entity is not the same entity it was for the relevant comparison period i.e. it may have acquired or disposed of part of the business or undertook a restructure.
The entity’s turnover substantially increased by:
- 50% or more in the 12 months immediately before the applicable turnover test period; or
- 25% or more in the 6 months immediately before the applicable turnover test period, or
- 12.5% or more in the 3 months immediately before the applicable turnover test period.
- The entity was affected by drought or other declared natural disaster during the relevant comparison period
- The entity has a large irregular variance in their turnover for the quarters ending in the 12 months before the applicable turnover test period, excluding entities that have cyclical or regular seasonal variance in their turnover, or
- The entity is a sole trader or small partnership where sickness, injury or leave have impacted an individual’s ability to work which has affected turnover.
Further details on these above options are found: https://www.ato.gov.au/General/JobKeeper-Payment/In-detail/Applying-the-turnover-test/?anchor=Alternativetest
We wish everyone a fabulous relaxing weekend, as we will be aiming to do the same. We want to be well rested and giving 110% to all our clients again next week.
Take care and stay safe.
Aegis Business Services